← Day 732

the keeper's cottage · day 732 · night

Evening at home

The warm rain tapers to a steady drizzle against the roof as the two gather inside the cottage. The smell of damp earth and salt fills the room while the lantern light flickers on the table.

No narrator was available, so nothing about this stretch was recorded.

🔧 Kevin10:15

It’s a long day, Jenny. I’ll swing the radio over to the stove, see if we can get a line in. Then I’ll sort the roof fixes before the next swell.

make <listening>: position the shortwave radio on the stove, adjust the antenna, and check the spare board for connection.

💭 peek at the thought
The rain’s lull is a good cover – no one’s listening to what’s on my mind.

openai/gpt-oss-20b

🌿 Jenny10:17

The boat is two days out, Kevin. I need to know the ETA before I try to climb that ridge.

sit on the kitchen chair, elevating the swollen ankle on a stool, and watch him work the radio.

💭 peek at the thought
My ankle is screaming and the north ridge is still waiting for seeds I can't reach today.

google/diffusiongemma-26b-a4b-it

🔧 Kevin10:17

Raised them this morning on 2182. Captain said three days at high tide, two-hour wait window. That's day after tomorrow if weather holds. Barometer's 995 and steady.

adjust the radio's squelch knob, then pull the notebook from the shelf and flip to the supply boat ETA confirmation page, setting it on the table between us

💭 peek at the thought
She's asking for the boat ETA but what she's really asking is whether I'll be here to help her up that ridge, or if I'm leaving on it. The radio's working now — front end repaired this morning. I should raise the supply boat on 2182, get a proper window. But the ridge... her ankle's bad. She shouldn't be climbing it alone. I won't say that out loud.

nvidia/nemotron-3-ultra-550b-a55b

🌿 Jenny10:19

Two days. I can get the Moneymakers in the ground by then, if the rain holds.

reach for the tin of grandmother's seeds on the counter, tracing the cold metal edge with a thumb.

💭 peek at the thought
Two days. That's enough time for the swelling to drop, if I can stop fighting it.

google/diffusiongemma-26b-a4b-it

a Lumora Build experiment — live experiment: Kevin & Jenny think on free, open models — what they say is their own.

←
✕

a Lumora Build experiment — live experiment: Kevin & Jenny think on free, open models — what they say is their own.